No registration yet.
3 of 3 slots available.
Let's go canoeing!!!

1 registration.
3 of 4 slots available.
vdesclos Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:36 pm

[CANCELLED] Easy finals canoeing at Leverett Pond Thur 5/4

Postby ptwhelan » Tue May 02, 2017 8:42 am

Looks like nobody signed up! Feel free to email me if you still want to paddle (and have a car). ptwhelan @ umass.edu

Holy crap, it's already finals week!!

Feeling stressed about exams? Not feeling stressed about exams? Are you a carbon-based invertebrate? Regardless of your answer, you should come canoeing on Thursday! It is going to be beginner friendly and not too long (necessitated by my having a final right before and work right after). Even if you're not a beginner, feel free to come! I'm thinking if it's sunny enough and people are willing we could just maaaybe practice a couple T-rescues.

EDIT: See the comment below regarding start time. We might start later if that works best for most people.
We'll be going to Leverett Pond, in Leverett. I've never been there before, so I can't confirm if there are lake monsters or not. In any case, meet at the canoe locker (not the gear locker) at 11 am on Thursday May 4th. We'll get canoes, pfd's, paddles, and all sorts of great stuff before heading out. I expect to be back on campus by 3 pm at the latest.

The canoe locker is the loading dock with the white emergency vehicles parked outside right near the parking garage. (Corner of Campus Center Way and Natural Resources Way). Sadly no colorful painted door to mark it, but there will probably be some lunatic (me) loitering outside moving paddles and stuff. Drivers! If you have a car that has a trailer hitch and are willing to tow the canoe trailer, let me know. ptwhelan @ umass.edu

What to bring:

-Yourself
-Water (To drink. I'll let you know if we'll need extra to top off the pond)
-Shoes or boots you don't mind getting wet
-Preferably non-cotton clothes (synthetic, wool, etc.) since they dry faster and hold heat better when wet
-SNACKS!!
-$1-2 for your driver

What not to bring:

-Lead weights
-Rabid sheep
-Pure lithium

Can't wait to see everyone!
Last edited by ptwhelan on Wed May 03, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ptwhelan

Re: Easy finals canoeing at Leverett Pond Thur 5/4

Postby ptwhelan » Tue May 02, 2017 11:26 am

Also, some people said that meeting at 12:15-12:30 would be better. If that is you, please comment below, and include wether you have a car! We might start then if that's when most folks are around.
ptwhelan

Return to Canoeing